I care about doing the right thing by our environment and being ethical in my arts practice.
I’m still at the beginning of this journey but have made a start by:
- Avoiding waste in the studio
- Using old cut up t-shirts to dry and clean brushes instead of paper towel
- Purchasing and using second hand ceramic dishes instead of purchasing new plastic palettes
- Re-using leftover gouache rather than washing it down the sink
- Cutting up paper offcuts for colour and paint consistency tests
- Taking care to recycle what I can both at home and through recycling outlets
- Choosing where possible to work with ethical and sustainable businesses
- Fine art prints are printed locally by Lucent Imaging, a carbon neutral business.
I know it’s not perfect but it’s a start! I’m looking forward to sharing further tweaks and improvements in the future.